Occupational First Aid Course
Who needs this course?
The best indicator will arise when carrying out a risk assessment in the context of the Safety Statement. Consider the numbers employed, the nature of the work, the degree of hazard, the level of accidents arising, the size and location of the workplace, the distribution of the employees, shift working, availability of an occupational health service with the workplace and the distance and duration from external medical services etc.
- Understand the responsibilities of the occupational first aider.
- Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
- Be capable of coordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace.
- Be familiar with health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace
A occupational first aid course is run over a minimum of 3 days or 24 hours with a 2 hour assessment/exam. Courses can be delivered over a number of weeks.
What type of a certificate does a first aider receive and how long is it valid for?
After successfully passing the exams of the occupational first aid course the first aider will receive a Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) Level 5 certificate in Occupational First Aid.
Thereafter, the first aider will receive a certificate from the registered training provider for 2 yearly refresher training as FETAC does not issue refresher certificates.
to be decided
Time: 9:30 – 17:00
Location: Bewleys Hotel, Newlands Cross, Naas Road, Dublin 22
Course fees: € 300 per person
The fees include:
Participants can buy their lunch at Bewleys restaurant.
We sell a selection of vital First Aid products on the day. They include different size First Aid kits, instant ice packs and burn dressings.
All products are very competetively priced.
Please contact us for more information and a price list.
To Book and make a Full Payment click here :
To pay a 100 Euro Deposit click here :
If you are interested and would like to contact us please fill in this form