Manual Handling Course
This Manual Handling Course is designed for anyone who, as part of their routine activities or as part of their job, has to carry, lift, pull or push loads.
- Risks and hazards associated with manual handling and the importance of correct handling techniques.
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, and why they were introduced.
- The importance of correct manual handling, the accident rates and types of injuries sustained.
- Correct lifting and handling techniques.
- The importance of choosing the correct mechanical aids if required and knowing their safe working limits.
- Postural awareness, how the spine works and how injuries can occur.
What can you expect to learn on the Manual Handling Course?
We designed this course to provide you with the knowledge to conduct manual handling activities in a safe manner that will help prevent injury.
You will also understand the legal requirements associated with Manual Handling. Our training includes practical skills to perform correct lifting techniques. Secondly you will also understand the limitations and mechanics of the spine and muscular system. Thirdly, and most importantly, you will realise the consequences of incorrect carrying, lifting, pulling and pushing.
How long is a Manual Handling Course?
We will deliver the full course in 3 hours to a maximum of 12 participants at your company’s premises.
What type of certificate will you receive and how long is it valid for?
Certification will be provided on successful completion of this Manual Handling training course. In a bid to reduce our carbon footprint, First Aid For Everyone will only send in-house certificates via electronic format. Your certificate will be valid for 3 years.
All participants will be trained by QQI (formerly FETAC) accredited experienced Level 6 instructors. Learn valuable skills at your own premises and be H.S.A. compliant. You choose what date and time suits you. After that we will come to you to deliver the Manual Handling course.
For our set fee you can invite up 12 participants depending on the space available.